Excuse any spelling mistakes, these are my nails right now…
Completed nails will be done tomorrow! I’ll be modeling at the ABA show in Toronto and I’m sooo excited! I was thinking of what to pack and thought I’d share with you what I bring when I do a gig.
Ten essentials for my modeling bag:
1. A very large tote – to carry all your essentials, duh!
2. iPod/ iPhone / charger – you dont want to be caught with a dead phone, especially on long days.
3. Water / snacks – usually it’s provided for you, but when it reaches 3 p.m. you’ll want an energy boost (i.e. granola bar or mini carrots). Remember to drink lots of water to stay hydrated and to keep your skin lookng great!
4. Slippers – I bring slippers to EVERY modeling event. I like being comfy and for my feet to rest from wearing six inch heels when I have down time.
5. Books / Magazines – there’s always a lot of waiting involved, so keep entertained.
6. Extra pair of black pumps – two years ago I fainted on stage because the shoes given to me were two sizes too small. It cut off all my circulation. Now I always bring an extra pair just in case.
7. Make-up remover wipes -I use public transit and sometimes I don’t want to go home with a pound of makeup.
8. Extra make-up – your favourite moisturizer, foundation and mascara usually.
9. Extra underwear – beige and black. Specific underwear is worn with different coloured outfits.
10. A positive attitude – I can’t tell you how many times I’ve worked with models with sour attitudes. No one (makeup artists, photographers, designers, etc) wants to work with a diva. They are never called back again. Be polite and respectful of everyone’s time.