I know you curious kittens are wondering what I did on the day of love, and I’m going to tell you in bullet points because, list formats are just how my brain works sometimes.
What I did on Valentine’s Day:
– Woke up. Freezing. I mean, look at my view right now. Everything is frozen. #ExtremeWeatherWarning #ElsaWasHere
– Had breakfast. Frosted Mini-Wheats to be exact. With orange juice.
– Went to soccer. Learned “more” and “learn” in sign language. I recently started coaching all-abilities soccer (kids and teens under 15) and before each practice we learn 2-3 signs since some of our athletes are unable to communicate verbally. It’s pretty cool, and the athletes are awesome. After practice the organization handed out VDay themed stamps, stickers and pencils for the kids but, I obviously partook.
– Went to Tim’s and grabbed a coffee. Won a FREE coffee from Roll-Up-The-Rim.
– Drove home, took a shower.
– I don’t know whether it was because I had a busy week, lack of sleep or the weather being miserable (-40C to be exact) but once I got out of the shower and sat on my bed, my body completely shut down. I think exhaustion hit me all at once. 😦
– Two hours later, I forced myself out of bed and made a pizza because, pizza makes everything better.
– Got all dolled up to meet my Valentine, aka my beautiful friend Emily.
– We went to the theatres and watched Fifty Shades of Grey, in IMAX.
– My mini review of the movie: Not very well written (expected). Christian Grey (Jamie Dornan) is a BEAUTIFUL man! I think it’s because he’s in a suit most of the movie. In a suit or was shirtless. Either way, didn’t hate it.
– The “red room” scenes weren’t too awkward to watch. I mean, you know going into it what you’re about to see so, it wasn’t a huge shock. People will say it’s “controversial” because of the whole submissive context and how it could be degrading to women but, Anastasia Steele (Dakota Johnson) was a strong-willed and opinionated character and I believe that balanced out the subject matter (LOL at the fact that I’m critically analyzing this movie). My favourite scene was the dramatic helicopter ride, mostly because Ellie Goulding’s song “Love Me Like You Do” played in the background which made it SUPER cheesy but, I was into it. Next goal in life – date a billionaire who owns a helicopter. Is that so much to ask? I’d give the movie a solid 5.9/10. The soundtrack is actually pretty good so, that gave it an extra point.
– Went back to Emily’s condo, opened a bottle of champagne and played piano because, that’s what we do when we get together.
– Touched up our hair and makeup and went out – it was fun!
All in all, had an awesome Valentine’s Day. I’m about to hit up every grocery store now and take advantage of the half-off VDay candy. You should too. Love ya always! 😉