Today I wrote my last exam and finished university forever! Four and a half years later…
Keep in mind, my brain is exhausted, so anything that doesn’t make sense in the post, just nod your head and smile.
HOW DO I FEEL NOW THAT I’M DONE?
Relieved. A sense of pride. A long time coming. People ask if I’m sad. I’m not. I loved university, but I’ve been ready for the “real world” for quite awhile. I’ve been anxious to leave my comfort zone and do my own thing. I’m ready. I know what I want to do and the direction I want to go in. I can’t stop smiling because everything I’ve dreamed of doing and hoped of being, I can do and be now. It’s an amazing, free, bittersweet feeling.
WHAT HAS UNIVERSITY TAUGHT ME?
I’ll take this question year by year. I’ll discuss the top 5 things I’ve learned each year of university, academically and socially.
- I learned friendships and relationships change and sometimes, as much as I want to believe it, they don’t last forever.
- I learned that I must actually READ my readings to understand what is going on in my classes.
- I learned that I had no idea who I was.
- I learned I will never be an environmental scientist.
- I learned saying goodbye is the worst feeling in the entire world.
- I learned I can be independent. The choice to live on residence was the best decision I’ve ever made.
- I learned wine is delicious. Tequila is not.
- I learned I’m incredibly talented at karaoke.
- I learned I can still play soccer.
- I learned I’m not alone. The amount of friendships I developed in my second year I continue to maintain today. ❤
- I learned I can still play hockey.
- I learned I was never meant to be a court reporter.
- I learned my love of fashion and beauty has grown tremendously and being a fashion journalist is definitely what I want to do.
- I learned how to use a DSLR camera.
- I learned I’ve seen enough sunrises to last me a lifetime (thanks all-nighters).
- I learned to lower my expectations and face reality, not fantasy.
- I learned when it comes to sports, I can definitely keep up with the boys.
- I learned my English essay abilities have improved since my first year and that my marks were shooting up.
- I learned I love American history.
- I learned I can be a leader.
- I learned taking my time is ok.
- I learned that I can maintain a relationship with a boy for more than a year. Haha!
- I learned passion, ambition and hard work will truly get me what I want.
- I learned not everyone in my life is going to support me. I have to believe in myself and keep a strong head on my shoulders.
- I learned that the future is scary, but the lessons I’ve learned in the past four and a half years have truly prepared me for the next chapter in my life. At least, I hope.
QUESTIONS I HAVE FOR THE REAL WORLD.
Uhh, what’s a mortgage?
Other than that, I think I’m ready for world domination.